[amayausers] Re: T Shirt Scam

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:52:48 -0500

Hey Herb,
I receive emails all the time about someone wanting large quantities (tens
of thousands) of shirts and delete them knowing it is more than likely a
scam. The emails usually say they want them shipped outside the U.S. This is
the first time I have seen a quantity less than 5000. I would procede with
extreme caution on this anyways. If the item is being shipped to inside the
U.S. it COULD be a legimate order but I would verify with your credit card
merchant before shipping the goods. If the buyer chooses to pay any other
way besides credit card or if they want it shipped outside the U.S., it is
more than likely a scam.

From: "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:23:28 -0800
Just got a call from a relay operator on behalf of a deaf person wanting to
know if we accepted payment over the internet. Long story short. This person
wanted 2,000 blank white Gilden 2000's. Read somewhere this was an ongoing
scam. Does anyone know anything about this?
Herb
Royal Embroidery