[amayausers] Re: T Shirt Scam

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:52:37 -0700

Herb,

 Did you get more information from them? Where to ship to, etc. What type of
payment were they offering? I have read many posts on other forums of such
scams. Many originate out of Nigeria or similar places. They use stolen
credit cards to pay for the merchandise. A couple of people I have read
posts from have played the game knowing it is scam and ask for Western Union
transfer of funds etc. and will ship when funds are received. Usually the
caller will hang up. I read another post where the person knew it was a
scam. She went ahead and took the order, ran the credit card but did not
ship the goods. The credit card partially went through, and when she called
the credit card company they told her is was stolen. She tried to get them
involved with all information she had, she tried to get the local police
involved who showed a complete disinterest etc. She got partial money and
the credit card company did not even want it back! No one she reported the
fraud to was interested in it or wanted to do anything about it.

 Use Google and type in  ( relay operator scams ) for it to search on. It
returned 107,000 articles or links to browse through. This is a very common
scam and the real dis-enchantment of it is the law and banks involved are
not interested in stopping it. The Relay operators are not allowed to
interfere even knowing that more than likely it is a scam. Not only is this
a scam by a scammer using the TTY Relay system to commit fraud, but I feel
it is perpetuated by the other parties involved including the banks, law
enforcement and the TTY relay systems.

 Jeff Banks