[amayausers] Re: Sure Seems To be A Lot of Problems Out There

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:57:34 -0500

Those are great ideas Roland. As far as caps go, I got so fustrastrated using the 270 degree unit, I purchased the EMS Hooptech cap unit. I haven't had an order to do the side of a cap yet anyways. Now my caps are hooped tight and I run them at 650spm. Very few get thrown away.

From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:51:37 -0500 Ya know what I'd like to see? After seeing the sudden flurry of posts bashing the Amaya this week (and I'm glad to see it-sorry, some of you...I no longer feel alone in this) I wonder why we are not supplied with a package of sewing samples....here's what I mean... 1) a pre packaged pile (stapled together or something to keep them in 'units') of backing, denim, fleece, solvy, etc. all cut to 12 x 12 and ready to hoop. 3-4 different materials and combinations, and a half dozen of EACH. 2) some basic test patterns- NOT the 'standard' (we know this design will work perfect design) but a Dakota file, a name, a mascot-stuff that WE really need to sew for clients 3) the same batch of ink colors, needles, bobbin, hoops

Then EVERY person that buys the Amaya could either work with a tech on-site
or over the phone-and get the exact same instructions, the same settings
(MT, density, etc.) for the exact same material, combination, hoop, etc.
That way if we run into problems, anyone we talk to WOULD HAVE EXACTLY THE
SAME JOB TO COMPARE TO. Instead trying to 'guess' because we all use
different designs, different materials, we would be able to setup the exact
same sequence and compare notes.

How hard would this be to do? Wouldn't it make life so much easier if a tech
could talk to you on the phone and say " take sample material #2, setup 6
sharps, set you MT to 8, speed to 900, hoop it in the 7", and tell me what
it is doing" ?
Same with hats...we haven't used the 'supplied' hat hooper even though it is
what we learned on in class-not once did we ever get a usable, sellable hat
off it...ordered the other one instead and that's all we can use and I still
send 90% of my hat orders off to be done elsewhere.

So here's my suggestion...for what it's worth!
Roland