[amayausers.com] Re: Stitching on Bamboo

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:58:42 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/671.html#000002

Jack,
I just did a google search for Sandmar K497.  I see now that this is a pique
polo shirt and not necessarily bamboo poles that Panda bears eat(?).
But I do see this shirt is made from bamboo charcoal material so this
officially means I have no idea what in the heck this kind of fabric is.  Seems
like it would be scratchy if you ask me.
Seriously, use a ball point needle, two layers of cut-a-way backing, keep you
bobbin tension on the loose side, keep underlay stitches to a minimum, consider
using a topping such as solvy, keep you desity 4 points and above for satin
stitches and 3.5 points and above for your fill stitches, and do not stretch
the fabric when you hoop or allow the fabric to be too loose in the hoop either.
I sincerely hope this helps.
Ed