[amayausers.com] Roland Cutter - gX24 vs. GX -300

  • From: "Veena Viswanath" <irisembroidery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:40:53 -0700

Hi all,
        I was thinking of buying a vinyl cutter and wanted to get some feed
back on GX 24 and/or GX 300 from folks who own them.  The price difference
is about 1200 and wanted to see which one would do the task for me.  I would
be using this for heat applied graphics, may be for banners, and vehicle
decals.

        What are the pros and cons of one or the other?  How have you liked
it?  Does it come with any software?  What is the learning curve?

        How easy is it to cut from vector art software (corel, illustrator)?
What did you buy with your initial set? Do I need to get a stand or is the
table top better?

        What else do I need to look for that I have missed?

        Appreciate your response.

Best Regards,
Veena Viswanath.

Iris Embroidery