[amayausers.com] Re: Roland Cutter - gX24 vs. GX -300

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:40:24 EDT

Veena,

If you want to take a drive over my way, I have a GX-24. I am so glad I
bought it! If you have any experience with vector art, the cutting software is
easy to understand and use. I initially did not buy a stand but added it later.

I did go to training in Irvine. It was nice but not necessary. I bought extra
 blades. but nothing more. I use thermoflex plus for my garment vinyl  mostly
because it there is a local distributor that if I have to I can go pick  up
what I need rather than wait for next day delivery.

Dorothy  Compton, Owner
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Embroidery, Screenprinting, Rhinestones, Vinyl

In a message dated 10/30/2007 9:41:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
irisembroidery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  all,
I was thinking of buying a vinyl cutter and  wanted to get some feed
back on GX 24 and/or GX 300 from folks who own  them.  The price difference
is about 1200 and wanted to see which one  would do the task for me.  I would
be using this for heat applied  graphics, may be for banners, and vehicle
decals.

What are the pros and cons of one or the other?  How have you  liked
it?  Does it come with any software?  What is the learning  curve?

How easy is it to cut from vector art software  (corel, illustrator)?
What did you buy with your initial set? Do I need to  get a stand or is the
table top better?

What  else do I need to look for that I have missed?

Appreciate your response.

Best Regards,
Veena  Viswanath.

Iris  Embroidery