[amayausers.com] Re: Retrace

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 21:48:26 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/201.html#000005

If you don't change the IN and OUT points...at least in my DS program...then it
does just what you saw...end of the line, turns around and goes back to the
start...and then heads back to the other end-making 3 passes. I don't know if
you can change anything in 'retrace' itself...I found it easier to just
duplicate the original line, and swap the in and out points...voila'...I've
traced the line back to the beginning. If I'm working on detail in a design
(doing a jeep right now) I just use the walk normal 'pointer' just like a
pen...I figure out a pattern to get me from the door handle, to the door
outline, up to the windshield, around that, down to the hood, etc....making one
long continous run and only going back on itself where I absolutely have to, or
where I want a thicker line...so I have bare minimum 'trims' and starts and
stops. Another way to do it and get the same effect-you can draw in your detail
lines but do it in 'segments', always starting one line where you sto
 pped the last one...it will not 'trim' between the two lines but sew
continuously...when you need to change details or move something-you just move
the line in question.