[amayausers.com] Re: Rayon vs. Poly thread?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:06:14 UT

This message was posted by Laughing Palm on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1451.html#000004

Ed,

It's interesting that you didn't like the Magna Glide bobbins, as I have found
them to be great!  I'm wondering if it's the bobbin tension that makes a
difference?

I have found that using Rayon threads requires a slower stitching speed to help
reduce the thread breaks/shredding that seem to accompany the use of Rayon
thread.  I think I'll try adjusting the bobbin tension way down and see how
that works!

When you set the bobbin tension very low, I'm curious about these aspects:

1.) Does the stitching end up very loose on the garments?

2.) Does the bobbin thread end up being pulled upwards towards the top of the
design since it's so loose?

3.) Do you always use a 75/11 needle, or does the use of a different size
needle make any difference?  (We usually end up using 70/10 for most work.)

4.) Have you found any difference in performance with different thread brands?

Thanks,