[amayausers.com] Re: Need help for choosing new hoops

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:38:57 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1543.html#000006

I do not like FastFrames.  I use them at times as a last resort.  When the item
is heavy, like luggage, it has to be supported by hand to keep the frame from
flexing and banging into the arm.

I like the magnetic hoops for bulky items because they are often difficult to
get flat while hooping.  The magnetic hoops make it relatively easy (with
strong hands) to pull on the fabric to make it tight and the hoops do not
separate.  They also hold over seams and zippers.

I have not tried the slimline frames.

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!
Arlington, VA