[amayausers] Re: Melco Announces New, Compact Embroidery Machine

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 02:41:52 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/7/27.html

Well... this news caught me by suprise today.  As a tech and someone that I
like to think is plugged in to Melco - I didn't hear of this before now.
Anyone have pricing info?  They didn't send that in the email.  Just wondering
what it will run.  At 45lbs, I am wondering if this will be portable and stable
enough to take out on jobs at craft fairs etc - and how fast it will sew.  The
brochure didn't really say much...

DENVER, CO - Melco Embroidery Systems proudly announces a new machine for the
embroidery market. The EP4 is a compact, lightweight four-needle embroidery
machine that is extremely user-friendly. This new machine is perfect for shops
with limited space or for larger companies that need to sew test designs. The
EP4 is also durable and always operates smoothly. Different hoops snap in and
out of the machine with ease and selecting a hoop is as easy as looking at the
LCD screen and choosing the hoop you are working with.

Melco's EP4 machine can transfer data by direct PC-link. There is also an RCS
(Remote Computer Screen) that can be used with the EP4. The RCS has a color LCD
screen and keys that perform the following functions: start/stop the machine,
thread trimming, tracing, jog, frame forward/back, and bobbin winding. The RCS
comes with a USB host port for USB memory key and an external CD ROM drive. It
also has a PC card slot for ATA card or PC Design card.

The EP4 machine is compatible with Melco's DesignShop software. DesignShop is
embroidery software that allows the user to edit, digitize, and sew beautiful
quality designs. You can simply send a design from DesignShop to the EP4 and
watch it come to life.

Melco's EP4 Machine Features

Small, lightweight, and durable

Compatible with Melco's DesignShop software

Quick hoop changes and quick hoop selection on the LCD screen

Coded thread guides for easy threading

2 row x 4 spool thread stand that allows up to 8 spools to be set beforehand,
making thread changes quicker

Capability of connection to ATA card, PC-design card, USB Memory key and CD-ROM
drive

EP4 includes an on-board sub-control device, which allows you to use the
machine without the controller

EP4 has 3 MB of memory which can store up to 1,500,000 stitches or up to 100
designs.