[amayausers.com] Re: Magical Number 1.14

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:14:49 UT

This message was posted by gcannon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1205.html

Okay- went for cap training and got a formula for figuring how tall a design
can be on a cap.  The formula is to take the front part of the caps height
before it starts to curve and subtract 1.14" from that height- say the height
of the hat is 3" before it starts to curve toward the top, subtract 1.14 from
3, and this leaves 1.86" of embroderable area, with a little wiggle room.  I
accepted this formula, and have done well with it, however my boss is now back
here into hoop limits, and removing brackets from the cap frames, and all sorts
of things in order to try and get more top to bottom stitch area out of the
Amayas.  I have tried, to the best of my ability, to explain to him about the
"lip" on the tubular arm, and the way the driver shaft can get in the way- to
no avail- yet.  Where does this "magical" 1.14" come from?  I know it has
something to do with the limits of the cap frame.  Somebody, anybody- please
explain this to me.  I am working with a prodigy here- and he e
 xpect a lot!