[amayausers.com] Re: Looking for DSpro+ and AOS

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:47:48 UT

This message was posted by InDaKeys on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/6/226.html#000005

Interesting position there signman.

Thanks for the unprovoked flaming, I thought there were rules on these boards
against that sort of behavior. Your improper logic and bad attitude force me to
in effect, call you out by adding additional information that I really did not
think was necessary for a very simple wanted to buy listing.

First off, this is not, as you claim a "scam!", not in the least.

I have already purchased a copy of both  DSpro+_ and AOS from, in your
words/suggestion, a "registered Amaya owner" who continues to this day being an
Amaya customer with regular shipments from Melco.  I have the original Melco
box, the receipt showing the serial numbers with his name and address, the date
and amount he paid, all in order.  I have the bill of sale from him to me and
the record of my payment to him.

 "Small" problem, he kept the actual dongles with those correct serial numbers
and instead shipped me 2 time-dated "service" dongles traced back for me by
Melco to an Atlanta GA service center by a Vice-President of Melco during my
investigation.

Even with my bill of sale, the receipt including the serial numbers and with
the now past functioning dated dongles in hand Melco will not replace the
dongles,  upgrade my software or even get me to something that just functions
so that I can use my machine.

Fraud?  Yup, sure is. So off I went to the Ohio Attorney General's office after
being referred by the FBI's white-collar crime unit.  And what I got back from
them after submitting all the documents and waiting 1/4 of a year was lip
service.  Now sure, I can have an attorney file suit to recover my money or the
dongles.  Compounding this is the fact that winning in court and actually
collecting on your judgment(especially in today's economic landscape) are 2
very different things.  Unfortunately the cost of making this right exceeds the
value of buying new making this a no-win situation.

 I have had numerous conversations with this same V-P of Melco  who in
consideration of my situation, had most graciously offered a discount of $500
off retail pricing to replace the software including new dongles.

His words, verbatim: "There is nothing stopping you from buying this software
from a private individual or business, just be sure to get the serial numbers
and call us first so that we can verify that they are legitimate before you
buy."

So, please excuse me for not laying all this nonessential dirty laundry out
there up front, so as to keep you from improperly declaring me a "scam" on my
first post to this public forum of what I thought were like-minded individuals
collaborating towards a common goal.

The mis-information that you present regarding " I'd be very hesitant to give
out the serial numbers to anyone because that's all that is needed to get an
upgrade..." is incorrect and does not agree with Melco's policy.
 According to a V-P at Melco, you need to have the dongles in order for the
software to work, and the serial numbers of those dongles need to be verified
as legitimate before you can upgrade your software.  Without the legal dongles,
while you can buy the upgrade, you can not run the software. It has nothing to
do with just the serial number and everything to do with having the correct
serialized software dongle key.  Believe you me, if all I needed to do was pay
the upgrade fee using the legal software numbers that I have already purchased,
I would have done that long ago and you would have never seen this post here.

I would even go so far as to pay for an escrow service so that I could
physically check that the serial numbers on the dongles match the serial
numbers I am buying and give me time to confirm them as valid with Melco prior
to completion of the deal.  But I will not make the same mistake twice and be
the victim of a second fraud.

Also unfortunate is that along with your comment I notice that you have almost
1400 posts to this forum, making you somewhat of a "regular", one who's
opinions might sway those of others. I have to ask, do you treat all the new
members in this same fashion?  Being new here, your calling me a "scam!" bodes
horribly on not only me, but my ability to be a functinoing part of this
community.  You need to be retract it or at the very least apologize for your
error so that I may have some hope of being an active member here without other
folks misguided notions.