[amayausers.com] Re: Looking at LapTops

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:35:14 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/924.html#000002

As a full-time computer tech and part-time embroiderer, a couple things to
consider when buying a computer. 1) what applications do you plan on running on
it besides DesignShop (Corel, Adobe, Quickbooks, etc.) 2) What size screen do
you need. (15" is most the most popular size) but keep in mind you can hook the
laptop to a regular monitor or HDTV if you need something bigger. 3) Any
options you must have. Such as lighted keyboard, 9-cell battery, or Wireless-N
4) Always buy an extended warranty from the computer manufacturer and not
through a retailer 5) most importantly, what is your budget.
I have always liked Dell's but HP's run a close second. The Intel i-series
processors are the newest and fastest. The i-3 is very affordable right now. I
would get at least 4gb of RAM as well.