[amayausers.com] Re: Jacket Back Hoops

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 22:02:51 UT

This message was posted by Mama Kass on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1432.html#000002

What kind of medical tape are you using?  You want the spongy athletic tape not
the fabric tape used for adhering bandages. Wrap the tape thickly around the
straight edges, thinly around the curves. This should take care of gaps.

I very often use my jacket back hoop with velvet, which is difficult to hoop
successfully.  Instead I hoop only my backing, then pin my piece to be
embroidered onto the backing, being careful that the pins are not in the path
of a basting stitch that I have digitized to embroider around the design and
hold the fabric in place. If I am concerned about the velvet shifting I use 505
spray adhesive very lightly.  If you are concerned about adhesive left on the
back of the garment, you can make a masking template of the design that you
place over the backing before spraying (like a stencil).