[amayausers.com] Re: Internet Access OnBoard The Cruise

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:47:22 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/5/20.html#000002

Hey folks...have fun without me...but I've been reading in the news about
'travelers' getting TOTALLY burned after their trip when they get their
'cellphone' bill...because as soon as you are out of the continental US, your
'special' deals on long distance, roaming, etc. DO NOT APPLY...and those of you
sending and recieving pictures, email, etc. can see bills running into
THOUSANDS of dollars!
So take my advice-once you get to the hotel before boarding-shut off your cell
phone, pack it in the bottom of the suitcase, and forget about it.
The biggest scam, and AT&T, etc. all know about it-is cellphones that
constantly 'check' for emails, weather alerts, etc. that you don't even think
about...THIS RUNS UP your bill on 'foreign' phone service.
Don't say you didn't get warned!
Have fun...we'll build a snowman for you up here...
Roland