[amayausers.com] Re: Internet Access OnBoard The Cruise

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:04:14 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/5/20.html

Can I access the internet while on board?

For those guests who want the option of staying connected to the rest of the
world, we proudly offer access to the internet with our onboard Internet Café
and wireless networks using the ships own satellite connection. The Internet
Café is open 24-hours a day and features private terminals with the latest flat
panel computer monitors.

The Internet is accessed via our C-band satellite system and utilizes
state-of-the-art compression and acceleration technologies to deliver the best
guest experience in the cruise industry. As a result, guests can feel right at
home while surfing the internet at sea. Guests will have the ability to send
and receive e-mail, chat online and access the full internet. Guests can also
access their own e-mail account through AOL, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
Alternatively, guests will have the option to use their very own temporary
e-mail account with our ?Cruise E-mail??.

We also offer wireless internet access across our entire fleet. Depending on
the vessel, we have either limited wireless access in and around the shipboard
internet café and select public areas or a complete ?Bow2stern? wireless
network. The ?Bow2Stern? network allows our guests (and crew) to enjoy Internet
access from literally anywhere on board, including all public areas, lounges,
bars and pool decks, guest suites and cabins. To take full advantage of this
feature, guests should bring their personal laptops along with them, as the
number of laptops available for rent onboard is limited. In addition, this
network supports the latest Wi-Fi enabled i-Phones, Palm Pilots and
Blackberrys.

Cruises 6 days in length and longer:

100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)
250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.
A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute (?Pay-As-You-Go?) is available. Minutes
are rounded to the next full minute.

Discounted "Time Plans" offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower
per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session
and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation; No refund for
unused minutes; Upgrading selected pricing option is not available. Plans are
subject to change.