[amayausers] Re: I need the real story ;;;PLEASE

  • From: "Jack Fuller" <eta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:52:00 -0700

I heard that plastic story too and it is not the case. To my knowledge the
only plastic is the red cover. The base is cast iron. It weighs almost 300
pounds so I don't know where they would have used any plastic. If they did,
it didn't save on the weight. The gears are not plastic either. I specifally
asked about that. I researched Barudan, Happy, Brother and Tajima and bought
the AMAYA. Money was not the deciding factor. We could have bought whatever
we wanted. The deciding factor was that the AMAYA is more computerised than
the others and much faster. It really does sew at 1200 to 1300 spm and up to
1500 spm on certain design elements. The others were 800 to 1000 at best.
That is about a 50% difference in real world speed. That means I can sew 3
items in about the same time others can sew 2. And it is a little less
money. Certainly Tajima and Baruden are good machines. If you are used to
them they may be the best bet. But speed, technology and support were the
major factors for us. Good luck.
Jack