[amayausers.com] Re: Hoop Definitions - How do I change center offset?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 03:19:18 UT

This message was posted by Anita on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/220.html#000012

Hey Barb and Mary -

I have had this or a similar problem with 2 of the large SlimLine hoops and the
smaller 8x8 SlimLine.  I've been certain it's something I'm doing wrong...and
it may still be.

With both the 12x9 and 12x5 SlimLines I've given up trying to figure it out and
created my own hoop definitions exactly as the original hoop definitions,
except with offsets to compensate.

I've stitched out several designs using the 8x8 with no issues and in one
particular case I stitched out a test design with no problem, loaded the blank,
traced again and the hoop was off just like the other 2 were...what the machine
thought was the hoop outline and center was not...and I couldn't convince the
Amaya otherwise.  There had been no changes...neither the machine nor the
computer had been touched...I could find no reason for it and no solution.  I
eventually changed to the 8" round hoop, finished what I was doing and haven't
had occassion to use the 8x8 since.

I'm persistent to a fault...I'll figure it out eventually.    For
now...creating new definitions works for me.

As FYI...I have the first Vista compatible version of DS Pro+...and an AmayaXT
purchased in late Oct 2007.

I'm on my way out of town with no internet until Tuesday evening, but would
love to hear if others have experienced the same...or can tell me where I'm
going wrong.  I spent this evening trying to get past this problem with the
12x9...and didn't get the gift for my friend stitched out.

Yak, yak, yak...sorry for the long post.

Have a good holiday everyone!
Anita