[amayausers.com] Re: Help Please!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 13:12:14 UT

This message was posted by SharonA on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/557.html#000002

I use one piece of 2.5 oz. cut away backing for the applique of the names and
numbers on the back or front.  If they are getting numbers, names and nicknames
on the back, as they do around here, you will be hooping the back 3 times.  For
the embroidery of the chapter and date on the sleeves I use 2 pieces of 2.5 oz.
cutaway.
Don't cut open a seam but keep an eye on what the lining is doing when you
hoop- in our experience the lining is sometimes longer than the jacket so
smooth it out and even it up top to bottom as best you can so you don't end up
with a big bubble of lining at the hem.
Are you putting 3 Greek vertical letters on the front?  You will probably have
to sew part of the pocket closed which has not been an issue with any
fraternity or sorority we have worked with.
Hope this helps-
SharonAnn