[amayausers.com] Re: Help - Please

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:31:35 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/802.html#000006

It can also be that your top plate on the bobbin case is off center. Do your
'head down' maintainence procedure and use a magnifying glass if
necessary...that needle should be dead center in the hole. Off to any side and
you will get the rubbing. ALso, take the plate off and see if there is a
scratch or burr in that hole-a broken needle at any time could have scratched
it. Can be polished out with jeweler's polishing wheel. Did it on our Big Red
several years ago and also polished off the burr on the hook that the needle
hit. Was still running fine when we traded it in!