[amayausers.com] Re: Helicoil replacement - hoop arm hold-down screw

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:18:35 UT

This message was posted by Bruce on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/157.html#000011

Perhaps here is some useful information for folks.  On machines with serial
number 322...  and higher there was a change made in the design of the machine.
 The helicoils part number 32541 are too small for the holes in the x carriage,
therefore a different part is needed.  33722 is an insert that is threaded.  I
was told to get some locktite, apply to outside threads, and install.  Allow
the insert to sit overnight and you are good to go.  I hope this is helpful.