[amayausers] Re: Hat Backs

  • From: "Peachey Threads" <karen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:25:39 -0700

Yes Ed,  I am talking low profile unstructured.  When I do the hat back I do
use one layer med. weight tear away for hats (already cut 4" wide). For the
fronts I use two layers.  When the hat is structured I often times use no
backing.

Regards,
Karen Peachey
Peachey Threads
Embroidery & Digitizing
(503) 634-2912
It is the Peach

From: "Peachey Threads" <karen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 06:41:41 -0700
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Hat Backs

I have been reading some of the talk about hat backs.  Maybe I am  naive to
what the problems are but I am really curious about what several of you are
encountering.  Here is the scoop.

When I purchased my Amayas I did not like the WACF hat frames............but
determined myself to get use to them.  I embroider all my hats with them AND
the hat backs.  The only issues that seem to come up is when doing the hat
back I watch to see that the bill of the hat is not hitting on the AMAYA
table and throw registration off.

Also, in order to get the right curve for the hat back (for the traditional
style w/ opening in the back).......I digitize on screen (usually
lettering).....give it my best "eyeball judgement of a curve"..........print
out a paper copy.......cut it out........check the curve on the
hat........make adjustments.......print out a paper copy again.  Most of the
time I get it on the second try.

I also determined myself not to use any thing that has the word "sticky
back" in it.  TEE HEE!  I actually have come to like the WACP hat frames.
Does this sound crazy?

Regards,
Karen Peachey
Peachey Threads