[amayausers] Re: Gas prices vs profit margin

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:36:35 -0400

Don't plan on JUST gas/delivery costs going up...I just realized this
morning that gas went over $3 overnite in New Hampshire, but that ALSO means
that my winter FUEL costs are now over 30% HIGHER, and as soon as the
electric company can petition the state, I'll bet our ELECTRIC rates will
skyrocket!
Prediction is FOUR DOLLARS A GALLON by the end of September!!!!!!!
I've already told several customers this week that they WILL have to pay
incoming freight-normally I get 'free freight' if over $200 order-learned
last week that if there is a 'special' price (like sale on teeshirts) then I
don't get the free freight-argued with the customer service when I got THAT
bill because I was NEVER told about 'either this OR that, not both'
deal....from now on, NO sale deals-freight was twice as much as I 'saved'...
so where I used to 'absorb' freight charges-forget it! If the gas stations
can profiteer and gouge because oil is 'going' to go up-then WE should do
the same-anticipate your fuel bill going up DOUBLE and start NOW to increase
your charges!
Roland