[amayausers.com] Re: Frequent thread shredding

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:31:04 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/220.html#000005

Something from tech class.

One of our machines was having problems with thread breaks bad.  Timed the
hook, set it, made sure everything was cool.

What we found that there was a very slight burr on the back of the rotary hook
that was causing the thread to break frequently.

Took about a 1500 grit sandpaper (used for wet sanding paint finishes on cars)
and did about 4-6 swipes.  That's it.  No more.  Just trying to get rid of the
burr.  Timed the hook, spaced set and replaced it.  Figured if it didn't work,
I'd put on the new rotary hook I ordered from melco (so I had a backup plan
before I started).

The machine has since sewn BEAUTIFULLY.  Somthing that had caused intermittent
issues for months because I didn't have time to deal with it (and more frequent
towards the end) completely went away.  I was amazed.  It's one of those things
that's very hard to explain/show over email...

BTW, this is something I did to my machine - use the tip at your own discretion
and don't blame me if you damage your machine.

By the way, rotary hooks aren't that expensive.  Last time I ordered them from
melco, I got two.