[amayausers] Re: Doggie T-Shirts / Clothes

  • From: "Alan & Margaret Jannuzzi" <wishesinstitches@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 20:49:06 -0700

Dear List, Just a comment about American Apparel.  I have taken students
on a tour of American Apparel.  They are located in downtown LA.  I
don't believe they have minors working.  It was an incredibly clean
facility employing over 1000 people in this one building.  They pay good
wages with full benefits.  With any business that employees a large
group of people you are going to find some who don't function correctly.
Look at Enron.  I don't know if the CEO was arrested and or convicted
but it is providing jobs in the apparel industry on US soil.  I firmly
believe we should support companies producing in America if at all
possible. Before you decide to boycott an American company we need to
get all of the information correct.  I will talk to Human Relations this
week and report back. Margaret

Alan and Margaret Jannuzzi
Wishes in Stitches Embroidery
4502 W Buffalo, Chandler Az. 85226