[amayausers.com] Re: Design Shop V7 Freezing/crashing - Help

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:40:20 UT

This message was posted by Dozer on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/514.html

Hello all,

I am relatively new to Melco and using the AMAYA XT, OS and design shop v7. I
have been learning and am getting successfully embroidered products completed,
and have even been successfully digitizing moderately complex designs and
editing more complex designs.

Anyway, today I ran into a problem with Design Shop v7 while trying to create a
new design. I opened an image and went to set the hoop through the hoop
manager. However, the DS froze. The "command prompts", those in the top bar
above the tool bars, all grayed out, and I could not edit the design. Nor could
I close it, or do any other editing. I also couldn't click on any of the
commands in the tool bars, or even close the program by clicking the "X".

I opened other designs that I have successfully embroidered, and could delete
parts and insert other embroidery images, but if I tried to go into the
properties, it did the same thing.

I then tried to create a completely new design, and clicked on the lettering
clicked on the screen and hit enter. The font/text box came up, but then it
froze again, and I could not type any letters or get into the properties.

I rebooted the computer several times, and closed all other program. I've tried
this with OS running and not running and the XT on and off.

When I press cntrl + alt + del, it says the program is running (not crashed),
but I have to end the program through this screen.

The only thing that I did since a successful run last night was touch up a logo
where it needed some digitizing tweaks, and I downloaded a number of zipped
embroidery files from  the action art club (I have used these successfully
before) and unzipped a number of these files and organized them into folders.
Other than this, no other changes have been done since using the DS
successfully.

Any light you can shed on this, or help/direction in general, would gain my
everlasting gratitude.

Thanks

Dozer