[amayausers.com] Re: Continuous Embroidery

  • From: Marilou Johnstone <terriertamer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:55:12 -0700

I would add about a 10mm X at the beginning and end of the design where you want the new design to connect. Then do as suggested and drop the needle to the center of the X. You only want a single jump that forms the X so it is easy to remove later.

On Jan 8, 2008, at 11:08 AM, DLCompton@xxxxxxx wrote:

Not that I've done this but my thinking is to build in spacing in the motif. The other thought is to digitize from the "top" of the motif down so you can line up the needle each time (keeping it square might be challenging). For instance start at the - and end at the -.

-ooooo)-

Then before you start stitching, move to the first stitch, using the maintenance tab, put the needle at the bottom, check for placement, needle up, move if necessary, check again until you have it at the proper spot. I hope this makes sense. I do this if I have to fix a design that has been unhooped.

As for keeping it square, you could always add some long stitches to the side to go along a chalk line that would be removed later.

Good Luck!

Dorothy Compton, Owner
Bee Embroidered
www.BeeEmbroidered.com
(916) 635-7467
Embroidery, Screenprinting, Rhinestones, Vinyl

In a message dated 1/8/2008 6:20:30 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, InsideStudio187@xxxxxxxxxxx writes: Thank you! I would love to see one of those machines . . . anyway, in the "mark/hoop/repeat" technique, if a band needs to butt up against the the one just sewn, what's the best advice in making sure that it looks flawless as a continuous border? I'm very new to digitizing so pretend I'm stupid. I won't be insulted.

Geri