[amayausers.com] Re: Continuous Embroidery

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:22:50 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/526.html#000002

I'll suggest how I would do it...
each 'block'of text that fits our hoop would be done as a separate file...in
Design shop you can view the hoop and know where to 'break' the text. I would
have one large image as my 'master' and then duplicate it-delete text past your
hoop limit. Then save that as 'quilt 1' for example. Then duplicate your
original again, slide the text to the right to fit into the hoop limit
again-and delete left and right text to leave just 'quilt 2' text, save
it...duplicate original again, move for 'quilt 3' and delete excess...does it
make sense?
That's how I setup for oversize vinyl and digital printing. You are creating
your own 'tiling' for the image.
On your material (are you sewing individual panel cutouts or the finished
quilt?) I'd mark with tailor chalk a straight line-and hoop that-with the line
parallel with your hoop. Mark your hoop (use masking tape inside the top edges)
with a pen-and then line up every 'square' to the same marked points on the
hoop. Every 'section' should then sew on the same line.