[amayausers] Re: Computer requirements

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:32:45 -0500

Darlene,
It really depends on what software you plan on putting on the machine. Most
computers new from the store (or from Dell.com) come with a minimum Pentium
2.8ghz processor and 512mb of RAM and a 80GB hard drive. That will be good
enough for DesignShop and the Amaya OS. If you plan on doing jacketback
digitizing, add more RAM. Add Corel or Adobe, add more RAM. Add Quickbooks,
add more RAM. Etc. The more software you add and use, the more memory and
hard drive space your computer will use up. Most people keep computers about
5-7 years average in a business environment but people tend to not buy
enough hard drive space and memory when they buy them. It is much easier to
plan for what you might use the computer for in the future and buy the right
computer from the start.
If it helps, I have been looking for a new computer for myself and I run
DesignShop, Adobe, and Quickbooks only. I plan on only using it for the
business. (I have another computer for my personal stuff.) I'm looking at a
Dell with a Pentium 3.0ghz with 1.5GB of RAM, 160mb hard drive, 256mb video
card, DVD-Recordable for backing up my files and a couple other options. The
price was around $1100 when I checked last month but that also included a
19" LCD monitor with Windows XP Pro. You may not need all the options I
chose such as the monitor and could probably get away with using a 128mb
video card but if you use graphics software a lot, I would spend the extra
money on the 256mb card.

From: Darlene Weber <image_maker31@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Amaya <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 08:35:06 -0800 (PST)
Could someone please email me the computer requirements for the Amayas??
  I am planning on adding anyother Amaya to my business and will be
purchasing
a new computer as well and I know there are requirements for the computers,
so
if someone could email me that info, I would appreciate it.

  Thanks!