[amayausers] Re: Computer requirements

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 11:57:17 -0500

I'm pretty sure they are now up to Pentium IV, a gig of ram, 80+ gig
harddrive. Every upgrade since I bought my system 2 years ago has
required more and more ram even though they won't admit it-but check
the new requirements against 2 years ago and there it is!
I'm running both DesignShop pro and Amaya on a pentium II with not
enough ram-it was enough for the first year...
but as soon as I get some Mac's running right for my digital
printer...waiting for a MiniMac with 2 gig of ram to get here-then I
have a 2 month old Pentium IV (IBM) with 1.5 gig ram to take over the
DesignShop end of things...if I have room, I'll run Amaya on the old
computer by itself, Designshop on the new one. Otherwise both on the
IBM instead of the old Etower...with 1.5 gig ram that will take care
of the slowdowns running both at once.
Recommendation-by the maximum ram you can stuff into that computer-
ram is CHEAP and most computer stores will throw in a ton of ram
free, for a couple hundred $ you can max it out.
Then you are all set for at least a couple upgrades!
No more upgrades for me-we're done with upgrades to the programs-
since we aren't upgrading the Amaya, and the new upgrades are for the
XT line, why bother? It runs fine now, does everything we need, so I
don't have to worry about any more program problems that come in with
upgrades. Also will save $$ on new computers all the time!
Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743