[amayausers.com] Re: Bobbin types, which is best?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 03:07:04 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1573.html#000001

Carboard sided run fine.  If you're bored, you can pull the sides off the
carboard ones.  We've used plastic sided as well.  They run fine but are more
expensive and generally, have less thread loaded on them.  In other words, why
pay more if things run the same?

Magna is a waste on the amaya.  In my experience on our Big Reds, I actually
got more false bobbon breaks and didn't see any change in sew quality.
Besides, if actifeed is doing it's job, tension shouldn't be an issue with a
properly adjusted bobbin case.