[amayausers] Re: Bobbin Question?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:28:36 -0400

Bobbin thread showing on TOP of the fabric (outside the text or
design) means bobbin is too loose, and the thread is pulling it back
up with it. Before you tighten the bobbin, make sure you have cleaned
under the tension 'strip' and also inside-and the 'pigtail'...common
place for gunk to hangup. Then adjust the thread tension, but only a
fraction of a 'turn' at a time-it is very sensitive. We found when we
switched to actifeed, we had to tighten it enough to almost not drop
at all if 'shaken' when hanging from the thread, or use magnetic
bobbins.
Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
fax 603-543-9902
(fax machine is NOT turned on 24/7-only during normal business hours
Mon-Fri., 8 am -5 pm)
www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx