[amayausers.com] Re: Beanie Stripes

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:18:38 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/318.html#000003

I checked the catalog, and by gosh...who ever names the products for sanmar
isn't a biker or welder...LOL...around here a 'skull cap' is cloth, beanie is
knit cap.
Sanmar calls it a skull cap!
I have never used the iron on no show mesh-we just have a 4" roll of 1.5 oz.
tearaway
next to the speedframe, and feed it through and use a small clamp to hold it on
one side.
Hoop the beanie over it, have a matching roll of solvy for the top-and as I
bring the clamp
down I remove the little paper clamp underneath. Really speeds it up.
Gave up the fast frames over a year and a half ago.
The tearaway gives it enough structure to hold the image fine. You may have too
'dense'
a logo and that is pulling/bunching up the knit-causing it to 'arc' away from
the stripes.
The job I just did had lettering under 1/2" high, that went at 6.5 for density.
The fill on the
larger logo design over it was set at 5.5-and it sewed and looked great. No
pucker or bunching.
Check your density and fills, don't go overboard with underlayment on knit hats.
If you need to angle the lettering and it works, go for it-sometimes whatever
works, works!
Just remember to save your ORIGINAL layout and make a 'copy' with number 2 or
something
after it and make your changes there-in case you need to sew the same thing on
something else.
No going backwards after you have made changes and saved it...
If you can use a tearaway instead of the iron on-you will save a ton of
time-time is money!

Good luck.

Still laughing about calling a beanie a skull cap...oh, the grief I'd get from
the biker
dudes if I did that! I deal with 'boarders' too-skate and snow boarders-and to
them,
the knit hat is a beanie-not a skull cap! Even if they cover it with skulls and
bones-
it's still a beanie!
Maybe it's a regional thing?

Roland