[amayausers] Re: Awaiting the Arrival of our Reconditioned Amaya!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:06:39 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/66.html#000004

TinaK,
Melco usually gives you a starter kit that is pre-packaged by MelcoMart. (As
well we many reminder where to buy more supplies when that runs out.)
Is is just enough to last about a month or so. Usually includes ARC thread,
bobbins, backing, needles, and probably a Dakota disk.
I have found that Coats poly bobbins run best. As far as regular thread, you
will find most people here run ARC, Maderia, Robinson Anton, or Ackermann. It
really depends on what brand you like best and where your local distributor is.
I don't use ARC because UPS ground is 5 days transit so when I need a color in
hurry, that won't work for me.