[amayausers] Re: 7-in-1 Fast Frames

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:56:16 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/12.html#000003

We used our fast frames for about 2 years, then gave up on them-limited for
what we wanted-bought the speed frame instead.
Problems we noticed....as Ernest points out-adhesive buildup was a pain, more
cleaning needed.
We did find that the frames very easily worked loose-the holddown cap has to be
TIGHT. Any movement at all when sewing and that hoop/plate is going
sideways-causing thread breaks.
If the breaks are happening in the same spot everytime-check to see if the
frame is sitting 'on' your 'nose' and not slightly above it. If it is touching,
then it may be lifting 'up' when the inner edge of the frame runs up the
threadplate-the 'yellow' speed frames are not measured properly-if your image
is within the 'line' but too close to it-the frame rides up the needle plate
and pulls the material away from the needle. Distortion or thread break
instantly.
Otherwise you shouldn't be running into problems...not if it sews out fine on a
regular hoop. Is the hat itself too loose or wrinkling up on the backing? If
that hat material moves-as it sews, same effect occurs.  We never did hats with
it-couldn't get the adhesive to hold it down tight.