accessible-iOS Re: Using the calculator on my idevice

  • From: Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 09:00:52 +0100

Here is the link for it in the Uk app tore.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/talking-scientific-calculator/id411433609?mt=8

On 24/08/2013 03:40, Josh Gregory wrote:
Can somebody provide a link?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 23, 2013, at 6:48 PM, Jewel <herekittykat2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The reason I don't recommend the belt and calculator app is that it can be
difficult to get started with, and it doesn't have a lot of functions. He
talking scientific calculator app, on the other hand, has a lot of functions on
it. It can be used for basic math, algebra, geometry, and much more. For that
Reason, I feel it is a better app for the long run. It is better to have one
app that you can use over the course of all of your math classes, and that you
are used to, then have to go from one after the next and have to get used to a
new app. For the Student Chili's using voice over, it is much easier to get
used of the basic layout of a app that will help them over time, and that they
will use new functions as they learn the views of those functions. So, I
recommend the talking scientific calculator. It is a great app!
I apologize for the typos in this email. I am using Siri, and she got some of
it makes that. However, you get the basic idea.
Jewel

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 23, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Beto Arreola <beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why why don't you recommend the calculator found on the phone?
On Aug 23, 2013, at 8:23 AM, Jewel <herekittykat2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't recommend the built in calculator for VoiceOver users. Instead, I
recommend getting an app called Talking Scientific Calculator. It is VoiceOver
friendly and has all the features of a scientific calculator, but can also be
used for basic operations. For quick computations, I also recommend asking
Syrii. It can get the calculation done through the built in app. So you can ask
it to add, subtract, multiply, or divide.
Hope this helps, I
Jewel

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 23, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Kim Kilpatrick <kimjkilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there,
I am trying to figure out how to use the calculator with voiceover on my
idevice.
I even tried adding 2 numbers and it did not work.
I can put in numbers but it seems when I try to hit plus or minus or anything,
it doesn't work.
Any tips?
Kim