accessible-iOS Re: New iPhones and such

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:21:54 -0800

Oh nice. I knew you could split tap for some buttons, but I did not know it would work for typing as well.

From: Saqib <saqibh23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 09:46:05 +0100

I prefer the keyboard to b on the front as it's easier to type. I'm not a fan of slide out keyboards as I can't seem to position my fingers properly and I type as slow as I do on the touch screen keyboard. If I could master typing quickly on the touch screen with fair speed! then I
would go back to using the iPhone as my main phone. I have been
practising for 2 years now and I'm no quicker. I suppose some people
have got it and others like me fall by the way side.

My iCloud address  is Saqibh23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter and Skype Saq5000
Sent from my iPad

On 17 Aug 2013, at 12:08, beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Its the same with a phone with a slide out keyboard in most cases.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 17, 2013, at 2:42 AM, Saqib <saqibh23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi. These cases aren't very good I'm afraid. The buttons are fairly flat and it makes the whole think look chunky all around. It's not easy to
take out of your pocket because of the size.

My iCloud address  is Saqibh23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter and Skype Saq5000
Sent from my iPad

On 16 Aug 2013, at 21:43, Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree with Beto. Apple is all about eliminating physical buttons, which is why their phone was such a revolution when it came out. No, it was not the first touch screen device, but it was the best and most innovative. They are not going to take a huge step back from the soft
keyboard, which can display any language-specific keys, numbers,
punctuation, emoticons, and more. Besides, there are cases for the iPhone with physical keyboards built in if that's your thing, so you get
the best of both worlds.
On Aug 16, 2013, at 4:31 PM, beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

It goes from personal preference to preference i personally like the iphone this way and the majority of people do to both sighted and blind.
I very highly doubt that apple will ever add a keyboard to them.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 16, 2013, at 2:21 PM, Daniel Semro <daniel.semro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I actually agree, because if they put a keyboard on it, it would be
more usefull for other blind people.
:)
Daniel Semro

daniel.semro@xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my laptop.

On 8/16/13, beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx <beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No i completely disagree with that.

Sent from my iPhone

they should put a physical keyboard on it.