accessible-iOS Re: MP3 audiobook player

  • From: "Denise Thompson" <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 07:16:39 -0700

it's difficult to find a book player with speed control. The built-in music
app actually has speed control for books, but you have to convert the
content to audio books instead of mp3 by selecting them in iTunes going to
your applications key/shift f10 if you don't have one and choosing "get
info" that brings up a menue where you can add details about the genra, etc.
go to the options tab and tab to media type and arrow down to audio book.
enter on that. iTunes changes it to audio book. It's still mp3, but in
iTunes mind it's an audio book now instead of straight music and it's
treated differently. it moves it to the audio book area.Then when you bring
up the music app and go to the more tab you'll find audio book as an option.
double tap and it shows the audio books on your phone under the play list.
then you have a speed option that isn't present when you're just playing
straight music files.. it's only slow, normal and double though. double is a
little fast for me but it's still very understandable. If you change the
speed in the music app it will play the mp3 books you have in your phone in
the app I spoke about Instant book mark player at the speed chosen in the
music app. and those books don't have to be converted. So in other words if
you convert one mp3 to the audio book format and put it on your phone in
order to change the speed in the music app, if you then bring up the instant
player app you can play all your other mp3 books at that speed without
converting them to audio book format.
Denise