[accesscomp] Re: vista question

  • From: "David Whitehead" <d.h.whitehead@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:23:52 -0500

Hello there!

although disabling the UAC, may help the user with her current problem,
I feel she would be making a big mistake by turning it off permanently.

if she turns it off, well, there goes some security right out the window. if one doesn't pay attention to what's happening while they're on the internet, they could be in for a big surprise, as in, something downloading to the machine, which is a really unwanted problem.

I would say, learn to use UAC, and, do some Vista reading.

turning something off, is the easy way out, and conversely, really doesn't educate the user at all.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>