[accesscomp] Re: vista question

  • From: "arlene" <nedster6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:31:37 -0800

Oh ok, thanks for the tip. I know windows basics. I can't get all my mail. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 10:22 PM
Subject: [accesscomp] Re: vista question

The importance of UAC is inversely proportional to the knowledge of the user
and to how careful the user is in avoiding malware exposure.  It is an
important security component in Vista.  If you really know enough about
security to understand the implications of turning it off and in
understanding what may expose you to risk and how to avoid much or most of
the risk, you may want to turn it off but if you do, you will have no better
security than in XP.  I would strongly recommend learning how to work with
UAC unless you are really knowledgeable enough about security to judge the
value it does or does not have for you.

All you need do to work with UAC efficiently is to know enough windows
basics to know which shortcut keys to use when the UAC dialog comes up.

I don't have vista but I know that the UAC dialog is a typical dialog with
short cut keys. It is no more difficult to use than it is to work with any
typical dialog with a yes or no option such as when you close a word
processor and are asked if you want to save the changes.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "arlene" <nedster6@xxxxxxxxx>