[accesscomp] Re: Unable to delete specific messages from Outlook Express

  • From: "nick danger" <danger567@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 07:52:11 -0400

    Hi sherri,

Have seen this happen a few times. What you have to do is make sure that your
system is set up so that you can access hidden files. If this is not the case,
go to the folder options properties sheet which is in the tools menu of either
my computer or windows explorer. Generally, I use my computer for doing this
procedure. Press enter to acces it.

    Once the properties sheet is up, press ctrl-tab and move the focus to the
view tab.  Press the tab key 3 times which should place the focus on the tree
view.  Arrow down to the show hidden and system files options and make sure
that window-eyes says on.  If it says off, hit space to turn them on.

From this point you can do a search for the following file inbox.dbx.  DBX is
the extension designated for outlook express folders.  When it shows up in the
file list delete it then reboot your system and restart outlook express.  It
will rebuild and restore the inbox automatically.  Also be sure if the show
hidden and system files options were turned off originally to put those back to
that setting. Hope this helps.

Tony