[accesscomp] More on Netbooks

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:54:55 -0800

So I think I mentioned here I went with a Netbook, thanks to all who gave
pointers.

I eventually ended up with the Asus 1008HA.  The final factors were the Atom
N280 processor, great keyboard, nice size HD, and the model I have gets about 5
- 6 hours of battery.  All under 3 LBS.  Very thin, 10.5 inch display.  I love
it.  Here's the point though, it's so nice to have a computer that boots fast,
stand by works, jaws does what it does with out crashing, it performs a
shutdown blazingly fast, stand by is even faster, no extras it just works.  I
don't care it's not quad core or that I don't have RAID this and that:) it just
works.  I don't have to wait 2 minutes for it to boot.  Even though it's vastly
under powered compared to my full size laptop or desk top I get so much more
work done,.  Somehow these manufacturors of all these high end devices need to
remember this stuff is supposed to work.  I'm not sure if I'm being clear but
it seems to me good design and simple operation have disappeared.  Or is it
just me?