[accesscomp] Re: How can I remove system volume information folders from external hard drives

  • From: tickpub@xxxxxxxx
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 17:32:30 -0700

I think that a thumb drive would be considered the same as an external
drive? All those little programs on the thumb drives are a real pain,
such as when you plug them in they change your drive letters and so
forth. They also bring up their own wants and the only way I learned to
get rid of them all was to reformat the drive in the beginning and it
shold remove all that and give you a clear and clean drive. But this is
my way of dealing with it on a thumb drive, please inquire further with
others.
MMM
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:12:58 -0400 lmp19@xxxxxxxx writes:
> Hi to all,
> My laptop is running Windows XP pro and JAWS 12.  I recently
> noticed
> several folders on two of my external hard drives.  Those folders
> are
> system volume information and recycled.  I cannot remove these
> folders in
> any way.  They are using up about 20GB of storage space on both
> external
> drives which have these folders on them.
> I've googled this issue and have tried the recommended solutions
> which
> have not resolved this issue for me.
> Does anyone have a method of removing the system volume information
> folders from external hard drives?
> Any help is much appreciated.
> Best wishes,
> Lou
> Groupon.com Official Site
> 1 huge daily deal on the best stuff to do in your city. Try it
> today!
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4e040f3d199dc24aabst06vuc

All The Best To You,
Thank You,