[access-uk] Re: yet more Sky Talker info

  • From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 12:37:40 +0100

hi all this seems so very very sad. i wonder where is the communication between
the people that are making this device and the users. i understand we are such
a small very small market the totally blind who can benefit from this sort of
thing but again and again we loose out on the communication thing. it needs
totally blind or people that really can make use of this device to get together
for a meeting to talk all the isues through it is the same with the problem of
chess clocks for the blind. the actual chess players are never asked for their
opinions on a chess clock we are the people that use them but the powers that
be just go ahead and get something made that they think will be best for a
blind person. the rnib spend thousands of pounds on meetings where things are
talked about for dxample this sky talk thing but at the end of the day the
product is no good for us at all. so the difficulty is a lack of communication.
truly though i wonder how we can go forward from here
 .