[access-uk] yet more Sky Talker info

  • From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 10:35:40 +0100

I emailed Sky customer services for some clarification on what they told me
last week.Here is the latest response:

TEXT BEGINS

We are still waiting on some details surrounding the Sky Talker to be confirmed
but I will try and answer all the questions below.

The Sky talk will not give full access to the EPG or enable you to set up
recordings through the 7 days schedule. The sky talker will give you
information on the channel and programming that you are on. For example, if you
change to 106 Sky 1 and the Simpsons is showing it will say '106, sky one, now
showing the Simpsons' it can also read out the information about that
particular episode. The sky talker does not at the moment have the
functionality to read out anytime content or the video on demand function due
to launch in December although we may look to develop the product further if we
have a good response to the Sky Talker. We are planning on initially
manufacturing 1000 Sky Talker boxes when they are introduced until we determine
the demand for the product. We are still waiting for the price to be confirmed
although it is thought to be around £60 at present.

I hope this information has answered your questions, if you do require any
further information please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team.