[access-uk] Re: www.boots.com

  • From: "carol pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:36:57 +0100

OK, Maureen, I've found the problem for you.

(It probably does take someone who can't see to find it because George will
have automatically noticed and done the search correctly.)

When you go into the Search edit box, for some strange reason it says "Shop
Search" and, if you do a search for Baby (without removing anything from the
line) you are searching for "baby shop" which brings up no entries.

When you go into the "Search" edit field, you first need to highlight what
is already written there (using Shift+End) then you can type in Baby and
come up with the 23 results.

It's strange, but certainly with JAWS, once you've pressed "Enter" in the
edit field to fill in the form, it does not clear that edit field.

Anyway, that's a way around it for you and I hope it helps.

George?  Did you have to clear the edit field or type over it, or was it
simply an automatic entry once you reached that field as you weren't using
any of our speech software, presumably, at the time?

--
Carol