[access-uk] Re: washing machine recommendations

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 20:48:55 -0000

It's also possible to buy smaller-sized tumble dryers if you're short of
space.  They are slightly narrower and not as tall as standard models.  We
have a Hotpoint which is about eighteen months old.  We don't use it often
and were rather short of space so thought it would be big enough for our
needs.  It has proved to be just right as, like Jackie, we prefer to dry
clothes naturally if at all possible.

I can also vouch for some Bosch washing machines being easy to use.  Models
with a dial which you can click round to the programme you want are still
available.  The best thing would most likely be to go into a shop like Comet
or Currys and have a look at what they have on offer.  That way you would be
able to check out the controls before buying to make sure the machine you
choose is going to be accessible.

Caroline.