[access-uk] Re: silly emails

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:05:55 +0100

Good points all round on this which, after all said and done, is about spam. Some ISPS are doing a pretty good job of holding back this stuff, as Plusnet is now - though it fell down badly on the job last year.

Google mail is another good email provider if you want to see the end of this stuff.

There are programmes too such as Cloud mark, which I won't buy myself as paying for anti-spam programs is too much like rubbing salt in the wound.

It's been said often enough, but if there weren't so many suckers replying to this stuff it would dry up immediately.

Cheers,
Ray.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [access-uk] Re: silly emails

Re e-mails aledgedly from banks, before deleting them, forward them to reports@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "ron sears" <r.sears1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Derek, yes I would think most people on these lists have received them. I get
about ten each day either from banks, fraudsters in Nigeria or some other
African State and people trying to sell me products which will make my wife very
happy,smile.

There was a woman on the radio last week who had parted with £50,000, so you see there are such people who respond. I don't know the answer if there is one and the experts who know about hackers don't have much idea either. Maybe someone on this list can help otherwise do as we all do and just delete them. It is a
problem.

Regards

Ron