[access-uk] Re: plustek 3600 and windows 7

  • From: "David Pritchard" <wd.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 09:58:10 +0100

Hi George,

Following " maintenance complete  " the  only option was whether you wanted to
reboot now or later. After rebooting, the Device Manager said that the scanner
was operating correctly and that the latest drivers were installed. I'm
baffled. Perhaps I should give you a more complete sequence of events. When
originally installed the scanner worked. Unfortunately, Finereader 6 would not
install. So I uninstalled the driver using the remove option in the 4.0.1.0
installer and tried installing the driver and associated software from the
original CD. I then tried to reinstall the latest drivers. When trying to
remove the out of date drivers I was told that the operation was not possible
because of some incompatibility. I managed to remove the drivers using the
control panel and reinstalled using the v4.0.1.0 installer. At this point the
"am32plus" error appeared - which is the situation now. The missing software
components appear to be the "Twain data source" because when attempting to do a
scan that is the error message. I am contemplating doing a system restore to a
point immediately  after the original installation of the scanner. Would this
be a good idea ?