[access-uk] Re: notebook make suggestions

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:17:48 +0100

Hi Ibrahim,

I've had an Amilo model before and found it to be exceptionally good.  It
worked well with Jaws and the speed with several apps open at once was pretty
good.  Can't quite remember which actual model it was but in general, I've
heard good all round reports about Fujitsu.

Alternatively, I've found Toshiba to be very reliable.  Of recent, I've found
HP laptops to be a little sluggish after a while even with keeping up with
general maintenance.  I think they have so much of their own software
installed, a little like Dell.

Going back a while now, but one of the most reliable machines I've had was an
Evesham Micro.  Good build and for it's day, fairly lightweight!

Hope thats given you something to chew on.

Steve